Monday 14 February 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, darlings

So, Lorraine Pascale hasn't responded to my card, her agent won't let me speak to her on the phone to invite her on a date, and that cake I baked (which wasn't easy, you liar) for her will have to be eaten by me and me alone as I spend Valentine's Day evening watching the new series of Coach Trip, sobbing uncontrollably with a face covered in strawberries and cream.

Valentine's Day is as about as much fun as being locked up in a cold, dark cell waiting to have your head removed from your body by an axe-wielding maniac - which, incidentally, is what happened to Bishop Valentine, who got in a spot of bother for marrying 12-year-olds (as in conducting the ceremonies, not actually… you sickos).


So, my evening will be spent with a camp, tubby 50-something tour guide; in pixelated, TV form. Still, it could be worse - Brendan 'British institution' Sheerin, who I genuinely love (not as much as Lorraine, his cakes and innuendo aren't in the same league. Cake, incidentally, is neither a metaphor nor an attempt at innuendo. I mean cake. Lovely, spongy cake) could be Bruce Willis's gay twin. He could, couldn't he? Yeah? Yeah! I told you.

And Bruce Willis was this morning named the top Valentine dream date in a poll by Madame Tussauds. Which, according to my skewed logic, makes Brendan a perfectly adequate Valentine's companion. So I win. I think.

Pic credit: Zombie Normal

No comments:

Post a Comment