Sunday 19 July 2009

Purrsuasion

Next weekend I'll be moving from my home to someone else's. I only met this person today, but they're very kindly letting me and one other move into their flat while they go to Spain for a month.

The selling point of this short-term accommodation deal was their ickle puddy cat, who followed us around during the viewing purring away as felines do.



When I arrived back home, I found out that clever people at the University of Sussex have discovered that cats use their purrs to "manipulate humans".

A particular type of cat noise called a "soliciting purr", which includes a crying-like sound, is apparently impossible to resist.

Next time you hear "prrprrwaaablublubprrprr" from your moggy be prepared to lose your decision-making powers and succumb to feline food and attention demands. 
Cunning bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment